Wk 10: Finishing the Modelling

Over the past week I have been working on the modelling. I completed the model of the boat by adding seats and decoration on the front and back. I initially included the seats and used the Boolean tool to carefully make sure that the boat and the seats did not overlap but rather sat against each other. Later, I was told that this was less effective so I extended the seats a fraction.

rsz_03

In addition to this, I created final details like the propeller, flippers, shields and zeppelin. The flipper took the longest time to model as it was difficult to get the shape right. In addition to this, the flipper was initially relatively high-poly, so I cut many polys from the back, where it is flat and there is less detail.

rsz_01

Finally, I assembled all the components together. I used the spacing tool in order to align the seats, shields and flippers.

rsz_04

rsz_02

Shown in consistent colours as my computer could not handle the shading. 

The last thing I did to my model was add some ropes (using spline lines) to connect the zeppelin and boat together. I am relatively happy with my model as it is. It is very basic but I hope to texture it in detail.

rsz_a rsz_b

I also look forward to animating it. I am planing on making the propeller will spin and the flippers paddle in a synchronized wave. At the moment, I think that it should be flying through clouds and a blizzard. This would look awesome and would also give me experience with some of the particle systems.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s